Rachel1993 发表于 2018-5-25 12:51:55

希波拉底誓言英文版

The Hippocratic Oath (Original Version) ISWEAR by Apollo the physician, AEsculapius, and Health, and All-heal, and allthe gods and goddesses, that, according to my ability and judgement, I willkeep this Oath and this stipulation. TORECHON him who taught me this Art equally dear to me as my parents, to share mysubstance with him, and relieve his necessities if required; to look up hisoffspring in the same footing as my own brothers, and to teach them this art,if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or stipulation; and that byprecept, lecture, and every other mode of instruction, I will impart aknowledge of the Art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to disciplesbound by a stipulation and oath according the law of medicine, but to noneothers. IWILL FOLLOW that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment,I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever isdeleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one ifasked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give a womana pessary to produce abortion. WITHPURITY AND WITH HOLINESS I will pass my life and practice my Art. I will not cutpersons laboring under the stone, but will leave this to be done by men who arepractitioners of this work. Into whatever houses I enter, I will go into themfor the benefit of the sick, and will abstain from every voluntary act ofmischief and corruption; and, further from the seduction of females or males,of freemen and slaves. WHATEVER,IN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not, in connection with it, Isee or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I willnot divulge, as reckoning that all such should be kept secret. WHILEI CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy lifeand the practice of the art, respected by all men, in all times! But should Itrespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my lot! TheHippocratic Oath(ModernVersion) ISWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and mypeers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath andStipulation. TORECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and inthe same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine toothers. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine.I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as thetreatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel ofparticularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient. IWILL FOLLOW that method of treatment which according to my ability andjudgment, I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever isharmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal doseof medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor performthe utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death andreject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life. WITHPURITY, HOLINESS AND BENEFICENCE I will pass my life and practice my art.Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treatany patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the validinformed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understandingthat research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of thatindividual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit ofthe sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruptionand further from the seduction of any patient. WHATEVERIN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not in connection with it I maysee or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken abroad, Iwill not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret. WHILEI CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy lifeand the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of theAlmighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass andviolate this Oath, may the reverse by my lot. OATHAND LAW OF HIPPOCRATES From"Harvard Classics Volume 38"Copyright 1910 by P.F. Collier and Son. Thistext is placed in the Public Domain, June 1993. INTRODUCTORYNOTE HIPPOCRATES,the celebrated Greek physician, was a contemporary of the historian Herodotus.He was born in the island of Cos between470 and 460 B.C., and belonged to thefamily that claimed descent from the mythical AEsculapius, son of Apollo. Therewas already along medical tradition in Greece before his day, and this he issupposed to have inherited chiefly through his predecessor Herodicus; and heenlarged his education by extensive travel. He is said, though the evidence isunsatisfactory, to have taken part in the efforts to check the great plaguewhich devastated Athens at the beginning of the Peloponnesian war. He died atLarissa between 380and 360 B.C. The works attributed to Hippocrates are theearliest extant Greek medical writings, but very many of them are certainly nothis. Some five or six, however, are generally granted to be genuine, and amongthese is the famous "Oath." This interesting document shows that inhis time physicians were already organized into a corporation or guild, withregulations for the training of disciples, and with an esprit de corps and aprofessional ideal which, with slight exceptions, can hardly yet be regarded asout of date. One saying occurring in the words of Hippocrates has achieveduniversal currency, though few who quote it to-day are aware that it originallyreferred to the art of the physician. It is the first of his"Aphorisms": "Life is short, and the Art long; the occasionfleeting; experience fallacious, and judgment difficult. The physician must notonly be prepared to do what is right himself, but also to make the patient, theattendants, and externals cooperate.

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 希波拉底誓言英文版